Saturday, August 18, 2012

Missouri, Katy Trail

I used the excuse of dropping off my daughter at U of I as an opportunity for a Missouri bike ride.  The Katy Trail, named after the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railway, runs over 200 miles from just outside St. Louis to Machens, MO.

Following the Missouri river, the Katy Trail features B&B's, wineries, trail-side restaurants and quaint towns.  Today I rode from the tunnel just west of Rocheport to Hartsburg.


The Katy trail features numerous access points along the route.


Tunnel near Rocheport

Missouri River



This summer's drought left the corn fields brown

View from Eagle Bluffs Overlook Trail







Very bad season for corn

A stone the shape of a shark's tooth flattened my tire.
End of the day
(Add story about wood-fired pizza)


-- Frizbo


State: Missouri
Date: 2012-08-18
Route: Katy Trail
Distance: 53 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment