Saturday, May 28, 2011

Illinois, Jo Daviess Fox Hunt and Wine Tasting


While not an epic ride in terms of distance and difficulty, this ride in Jo Daviess county was a gem.  After driving to my sister's "farmette" for the Memorial Day weekend, we rode the local gravel roads to a wine tasting at the Massbach Ridge Winery.

Rolling countryside of Jo Daviess County.

Quiet country roads.

If I were a horse I would want to live here!

Teresa and Jenna (Jenna's the horse)

Wine tasting at Massbach Ridge Winery


Fox Hunt Hounds
"Pet me!"

Dinner at the farmette.
Bike route followed the path of the annual fox hunt.

Sadly, this was the last time we visited my sister's farmette before she sold it.

-- Frizbo

State: Illinois
Date: 2011-05-28
Trail: Jo Daviess County fox hunt route
Distance: 12 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment